OK so I gave in. I planned not starting solid foods with Zoey til she was six months old, which is latter than what we did with the boys. Myles was given rice cereal at about 3 1/2 months. Hey we were first time parents and wanted to experience everything right away. Riley was closer to 4 1/2 months. He wanted to be just like his brother. Now there's Zoey. For the past two months she has been our drool bucket! In the last few weeks she has taken an interest to anything we put in our mouths. So over the last few days she has figured out which end of a water bottle and a spoon goes into her mouth. We new change was a coming, I just really wanted to make it through the holidays without a "feeding" schedule. Not so the case any more. Last night Zoey was a bit fussy during dinner so I ended up holding her at the table. All of sudden she grabbed the pizza crust out of my hand and put it straight into her mouth! Great first food right? I should win the mom of the year award too right?? Anyhow we let her gnaw on it for awhile as we finished eating our dinner. Then when I tried to take the crust away from her, she cried :( It was very sad. After the kids went to bed I went grocery shopping and picked up our first box of rice cereal. When I got home I went ahead and prepared her first serving. We were excited, of course it was now 10:30pm!! She was so happy, she ate every bite offered and if I was not holding her hands down she would try to grab and shove the spoon into her mouth all by herself. On to new things!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
First Foods!
OK so I gave in. I planned not starting solid foods with Zoey til she was six months old, which is latter than what we did with the boys. Myles was given rice cereal at about 3 1/2 months. Hey we were first time parents and wanted to experience everything right away. Riley was closer to 4 1/2 months. He wanted to be just like his brother. Now there's Zoey. For the past two months she has been our drool bucket! In the last few weeks she has taken an interest to anything we put in our mouths. So over the last few days she has figured out which end of a water bottle and a spoon goes into her mouth. We new change was a coming, I just really wanted to make it through the holidays without a "feeding" schedule. Not so the case any more. Last night Zoey was a bit fussy during dinner so I ended up holding her at the table. All of sudden she grabbed the pizza crust out of my hand and put it straight into her mouth! Great first food right? I should win the mom of the year award too right?? Anyhow we let her gnaw on it for awhile as we finished eating our dinner. Then when I tried to take the crust away from her, she cried :( It was very sad. After the kids went to bed I went grocery shopping and picked up our first box of rice cereal. When I got home I went ahead and prepared her first serving. We were excited, of course it was now 10:30pm!! She was so happy, she ate every bite offered and if I was not holding her hands down she would try to grab and shove the spoon into her mouth all by herself. On to new things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
she's a go-getter!! she is so precious!!
Post a Comment