it's been almost 6 months since I last blogged...life is hectic what can I say. I think I spend most of my time online reading other peoples blogs mostly about adoption, special needs, teen pregnancy and of course derby. Oh well today is as good of a time as any...So lifes catch up is this..
I've been having lots of catch up time with my mom, sis and family. Which if you know me this is HUGE! What a blessing to be where we are today!
Jeff has gone back to work (part time) since being laid off from a church I never want to hear the name of and would still love to punch the pastor and his wife in the face for being the biggest hypocrites I know, (most christians are and I get that). I still need to learn that I have to high of expectations of people and I need to let that go! Working on it okay!
Jeff is also in school full time. Which then between working part time and school full time we no longer have much family time together. Oh did I all ready mention that Jeff broke his leg? Well his knee, back in Jan. It's been a long road but he's back to work and and is moving around fairly well these days.
Derby, after returning form my first injury in the fall I had a great almost three months of skating! Even traveled to Sac for a big scrimmage/tournament called Red Red. Basically a bunch of leagues get together to raise money for a non profit by mixing their players against various teams. It was a lot of fun and of course scary at the same time! Unfortunately 3 days before Christmas I got hurt while scrimmaging...I tore all the ligaments in my knee this time! I took a month off officially from skating and tried to ease my way back into it. Unfortunately for the second time in a row due to injury I was unable to tryout for a team...sigh...I began skating again in March and have been trying to rebuild my strength yet again. The league I skate with has switched things up a bit this year so getting on a team this season just may not happen...There is always January 2012!! In the meantime I am still skating and trying to improve my skills. I am also loving visiting practices at other leagues, some have been really challenging some have not. I just love to skate, always have and always will. Derby is just an extension of that childhood passion coming full circle and full contact!!
The kids! Are crazy and just as busy as ever, oh how I love them! Zoey is such a big girl! She love sot do everything by herself, from picking out her clothes, to putting them on, brushing her hair and teeth and putting her own shoes on, even if on the wrong feet she still must do it all her self. THe last few days have been challenging tho. I think she has been more tired then usual and she can't seem to stop eating, she must be growing! Speaking of growing Riley is!! He is growing in so many ways one of which he is so proud of is that he has grown an 1/2 inch since the fall. Okay that may not seem like a big deal but IT IS! Riley finishes preschool this friday, next year on to kindergarten, can't hardly wait! He has verbalized lately that he is scared to go which amazes me that not only does he know how he feels about it but he can tell me and we can work thru those feelings the next few months. I am stoked that he is out of school a month before Myles and as you may recall Zoey goes year round, for now that is. Riley and I are going to have 14 hours a week with just him and I, it's going to be really good for both us!! Myles is 7 going on 17! I think he thinks he is a grown up at times. he is still very kind hearted and extremely helpful with the other two kiddos but he tends to act more like a parent when conflict arises instead of a 7 year old. He has been doing really well at school and has been enjoying his class. All tho I am not the biggest fan of how our school teaches (lack of science, art, music pe etc) I have really appreciated the technology the kids are getting to use. My kid can't stop reading chapter books either! There are days when he will just bring the book with him where ever we go and will read at any given chance, even in the car, which unlike him would make me sick to my stomach!
Well as summer approaches I am not sure I am going to have much time to "blog" so here's to another wonderful six months of silence!
No comments:
Post a Comment