Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 9

Today was a very busy day...Kids up before 6:00am. Started 4 loads of laundry. Made a homemade breakfast, plus made daddy's lunch and Myles snack. Each kiddo that needed meds got their on and on time! Backpacks, extra clothes bags and book bags packed and ready to go. 3 kids and one daddy dressed and ready to go...All this by 7:45am! I so wish I could have crawled back into bed at this time. If you know me then you know it is extremely rare for me to just sit in my quiet empty house for the 3 hours of piece I could have at least three days a week. No silly me has to fill in every bit of empty time to the fullest, I really have no idea why I do this to myself. Anyhow lately our home has become quite the disaster, granted we live in a small space with no real storage and their are 5 of us...Well on this particular morning the FSW (Family Service Worker) from Riley's preschool was going to be coming by for a visit at 9:00am. So I finished my breakfast and checked my e-mails. Started dishes, swept the floor, cleaned all cluttered surfaces, cleaned kids table, vacuumed, cleaned windows/doors. Made sure all toys had a home even if for only a few hours! Finally at ten to nine I was able to jump in the shower, not much time to spare thats for sure. Well as 9 O Clock on the dot the FSW calls and said she is running late. This was great news as it allowed me time to somewhat relax...Well she got here about 9:25 and stayed until about 10:15am. It went well as it usually does, basically her job is to make sure we know about every resource there is in this community. Can i just say she has the best job!! I would love to do her job, in fact while living in CO I sorta did and even now I feel compelled to share resources with those I know. Dream job, is for another post...After she left I booked it to the post office, then to Costco where I stood in line behind 11 people to return BAD bacon! You know bacon is bad a) when kids wont eat it and b) when the grease does not harden but stays liquified and bubbly...ick!! Of course being at Costco made me shop...Then i stopped over at the Boardwalk bowl to drop off fliers for a fundraiser I am in charge of called the Turkey Bowl!! After that I rushed by the Milk "store". Then hopped on the freeway to the preschool where I needed to pick up the babies (there not babies 2 and 4 years, but they are my babies) While picking up R one of his teachers approached me to tell me that he really did not have a great day in fact she called him challenging...ugh! Okay well that to can be a hole other post...After walking outside the preschool we hung out on the awn with another preschool buddy for a good 30 minutes, just catching up. Then we rushed to trader joe's for a few snacks (the ones we can only afford to get monthly) then on to Myles school for his early release day. After picking up Myles and his sweet little friend our neighbor Bailey we rushed home to meet Zoey's FSW. As I was breaking all child labor laws by the kids carrying in my groceries Teacher Arlae arrived. By the time we were in the house i was starving..The kids seemed to need something every second of our mtg...such is life. Thankfully Arlae loves kids Once the mtg was over I took M and B down to the boys and girls club so that m can go to his karate class. After dropping them off we rushed to M's school for his parent/teacher conference, unfortunately tues is Jeff's late day so me and the two littles came along. By the time we got to the school Z was fast asleep. She slept on me for nearly the entire conference, which had gone better then I thought. Myles' teacher this year is less than stellar...again another blog topic...After leaving the school we went home to relax for about an hour before having to pick up M from Karate! As we were pulling in one of M's friends needed a place to hang out while his mom attended their parent teacher conference. Of course being the mom.family/home we are he came right in. We watched tv gasp...for a good 45 minutes before having to leave to get Myles. After we got Myles we went home for dinner. By now jeff had arrived home and so did our beloved friend/sister Tessa. After i got together 3 meals of left overs, everyone wanted something different of course, we left for AWANAS. Usually Jeff and I have a mini fro yo date while the kids are at church but on this night we had more errands to run. First up pharmacy for multiple prescriptions, oh how I loather the pharmacy at night...After that we ran to yet another Safeway to return our block buster one night rental, then we browsed best buy's video game selection, jeff eyes DJ Hero 2! Why the heck does the price of the Nintendo DS never go down? Santa are you out there? Year three Myles would like a DS....After leaving best buy we picked up the kids and headed home. We had a fairly uneventful bedtime routine which at this point was muchly needed. After the kids went to bed we sat on the couch and spaced out to 16 and pregnant, one of my favorite shows, I know I know...it's truly sad yet reality that this is the world we live in...Well 10:00 rolls around and I am passed out on the couch missing my new favorite show parenthood...sigh...loooon busy hectic day...such was my life today...All this to say I am so thankful this day is OVER!!!

No comments: