Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 4!

I'm Back!!!!

So extremely thankful for Roller Derby and what it has brought to my life this past year, yes it was a year on October 27th, can you believe that?!?! Since my surgery in July I have only skated 7 times, yes 7 times. Tonight I was given chance to re asses with the freshies. I'm not gonna lie I was pretty bummed about having to re asses again. I had passed the first time around last April but when I got hurt in June I had to take time (too much time) off to recover which unfortunately changed my skater status. I wasn't feeling like I was ready to pass tonight but I felt like at the very least I needed to try without expectation of passing. Well I did it I passed!I am so relived that my journey has once again started and I with no doubt know there are many and I mean many things I need to work on before team try outs in Jan. Baby steps right. I am just thankful that my hubby and kiddos allow me this time away 3 plus times a week to be involved with such an amazing group of woman as well as such a physically empowering sport which I have grown to love!!

PS, I'm also stoked to just have received my awesome letters for my helmet, making this one fantastic night to remember!

No comments: