
named by my amazing husband of almost 8 years :)
So I passed my scrimmage assessment early in April and now I am considered a "skater". Basically I am now eligible to try out for a team, attend scrimmage nights and play at other scrimmages outside of our league, including RollerCon!! As luck would have it a week or so after passing the assessment, I fell and hurt my right knee, again... Only this time the pain did not go away forcing me to seek medical help...I took about three weeks off before I attempted to skate again. Doctors orders were 6wks to 3 months. Like I said I waited three weeks...and once again on a scrimmage night I fell directly on my right knee. Yes I probably should have waited the minimum of 6 weeks, but when you have three kids and roller derby is your only "alone time" you don't want to give it up. So now I wait...I will start PT this coming week, then meet with the Orthopedic Doctor the following week which will then request an MRI, in hopes to see something the er x ray might have missed last week. Basically I am waiting it out before I do anything physical with my leg. Walking up my stairs, kneeling on the floor with the kids, trying to buckle them in their seats in the car etc etc hurts like no other. Yet standing for short periods of time, walking, and driving don't seem to bother me much at all. I think I am stiff and sore but not sure if there is really something major going on. It pretty much bites every day that passes and I am not physical, I almost dread returning to the track with even lower endurance. Not like I will give up Roller Derby that easy tho...
No comments:
Post a Comment