Wednesday, January 13, 2010

it's been awhile...

Life has been pretty chaotic in the Williams home the past six months. I have not felt the desire to blog, at all, or update pics, keep in touch etc. The school year came quickly. We had issues with Myles' class that took MONTHS to get through. I am glad we waited it out as long as we did tho because it turns out his teacher is really something awesome! Riley started preschool on the same campus as the elementary school Myles attends, which makes at least drop off for both boys pleasant. All though I feel like I go back and forth to school all day long, well I do it four times at least every day. I am so glad that I have at least three hours of alone time with Miss Z who is just about 18 months now! My how time flies... We spend most our mornings at home except for the dreaded errands around town.

Holidays came and went and for some reason this Christmas really did not feel all that special. We tried really hard to not get into the whole commercialism of the season as best as we could, lol with working at Kohls not an easy task. I left there in mid Dec as it really was not a good fit for where we are at with family life and such. For Christmas basically each kiddo got three presents, in which we collected over time, no last minute shopping here folks! Of course they had stockings too. I am blessed my kids don't ask for much if anything at all. Myles was the only one who really asked for anything and yes he still believes in Santa Claus this year, but he is doubtful no thanks to older friends in the neighborhood and school. We actually are not big on taking our kids to see Santa either so we did not go this year as none of them asked to see him. Part of me feels like maybe they missed out but then I just remind myself all though gift giving can be Christ like Santa is still just an excuse to be materialistic and then some. So Myles got a new razor spark scooter which is actually very cool :) Riley got his first bike, buzz of course. And little miss Zoey got a tinker bell ball pit to keep her busy while the boys are away :)Unfortunately all three kiddos were sick over Christmas...poor Riley was so bummed he could not go out and ride his bike. Luckily everyone recovered quickly.

Jeff is happy to be on break from school til Feb. We have been spending lots of lazy days at home which has bee really nice, sometimes stressful. I figure are kids are young they are not always going to be content hanging out at home but until then I feel that home is the most important place to be. Sure I would love to take vacations from time to time but I don;t feel the need to do that every school break or what have you. If we are lucky and the tax gods are nice to us this year, we may head down to SD for a few days, we shall see. I have been keeping busy with Roller Derby. Yes that's right I am a roller girl!! Can I say I love it! What is better after being home all day with three sometimes four kids lol then to take out your aggression on some... :) In all seriousness it has been a great experience thus far. I passed try out in late Oct and started skating in late Nov. It really is a great sport for woman to get into. I have really enjoyed making new friends and seeing another way to be a part of this wonderful community we live in. As f right now I am still considered FM Jenna which basically means fresh meat... there are so many jennifer's that I thought I would return to using the name Jenna. So if you by chance call me either one and I don't respond it's because I am not sure who I am at that moment in time, LMAO now!!! All though I will most likely not get on a team this season I am still super excited to be a part of such an amazing group of woman young and mature :) Our first bout is in March I hope that all of you who are local will come out and support us, it is going to be an exciting season for sure.

Well I have rambled enough yet? Lets see we talked about school for the kids, school for Jeff, work situation i.e Jeff and I are not working :( but its good :) and Roller Derby and the Holidays. I am sure there is more but I think I have spilled what I can or want to as of now. I will say that since Myles has started school Public School mind you, as if we would ever put him anywhere else...well never private at least anyhow we have meant some of the most amazing and special families one could hope to have in their lives. So if any of you are reading this THANK YOU for being a part of our family this past year and a half and we so look forward to spending more time with you as our kiddos grow through this time called childhood :)

Maybe if my kids will allow more time alone...I will post new pics...maybe :)

No comments: