Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation Park Play Day!

The Get Along Gang!

So I am totally disappointed in the lack of a graduation ceremony for Myles' Kinder Graduation. It was such a huge bummer. I don't think the kids cared after all they got to play at the park for well over THREE hours! I was done by the end of it though. The sun was not out and it was a bit too cold for me. Riley and I snuggled on the couch for almost two hours once we got home. Zoey slept for almost three hours as well. Myles had a great time though. He does get very sad when we talk about having a new teacher next year. He really grew to love Ms. Shmida and Miss Laureen. I am sure he is going to miss them greatly until he feels comfortable again with his new teacher in the fall. I/We can hardly believe he is going into first grade. His report card was amazing. All though they do not use letter grades for Kinder he did manage to get "meets standards" or "exceeds standards" in everything except of course Self-Control, ha ha no surprise there that's for sure! I wonder if he will have conquer self control issues. Maybe it is just a boy/age thing. We are so proud of all Myles has accomplished this year. The other night Jeff and I were talking about all of the "firsts" he experienced this year, good and bad of course! It is almost like the first year of life and all the milestones you hit. Smiling,cooing, rolling over, sitting up, crawling, babbling, standing alone, walking etc...Kindergarten was a year full of "firsts' as well first sports, soccer & T-ball, first report card, first loose/lost tooth, first trip to the nurses office, first back to school night, first parent meeting, first hot lunch! first real feildtrips without mommy :( and with! and so much much more. It truly has been a great year of learning for our entire family. Myles is so stoked for summer though. The last month has been really hard on him trying to get going in the mornings. He is looking so forward to sleeping in, staying in his pjs, video games and morning cartoons! It must be so nice and so fun to be a kid these days, nothing to stress out about on a daily basis. Oh to be five again :)

Ms. Shmida and Miss Laurens Kindergarten Class 2009

Maya, one of Myles' girlfriends, love her!!
Wylie, another one of Myles' girlfriends, the one who sent the secret admirer letter :) Love her to pieces too!

No comments: